Wednesday, October 12, 2011

[FEATURE] Is Kim Hyun Joong's Comeback Too Soon?

Credit: soompi.com


Following the launch of his first solo mini-album album “Break Down” four months ago, Kim Hyun Joong returns this week with another mini-album “Lucky“. Although many people felt that his return is too soon, Kim Hyun Joong thinks that it has been long overdue. “Many people are saying how quickly that I’m coming out again, but I personally think that a long time has passed. There will be another single album in January.”

“The debut solo album was able to reflect the solo side of myself and this time I’m presenting my music to everyone. I have put in a lot of effort in the music, it suits everyone. I had wanted to show that I can perform on stage alone through “Break Down”, in my new songs, I hope everyone can pay more attention to my music.”
In the new album, Kim Hyun Joong participated widely in album production and worked closely with C-Luv who has produced “Rainism” for Rain and MBLAQ‘s debut album, along with Steven Lee who has been working on not only Kim Hyun Joong’s debut album but also fellow SS501 members, Heo Young Saeng and Kim Kyu Jong‘s debut albums as well. The album has attracted much attention due to the wide selection of musical styles, ranging from punk rock to American R&B through the five songs.

Kim Hyun Joong will be showing his maturing singing skills in “I Am Your Man“. He was also honest to add, “frankly, people do not harbor much curiosity in my music, that’s why I want to show more, wanting to sing songs that are appealing to everyone. I know people’s expectations are not so high, so I have selected music that are relatively simple.”

“The acoustic version of “I Am Your Man” gives a calm feeling, I have been receiving vocal training so there will be many changes, including my way of singing. Female fans may like the sound, my voice has indeed improved progressively.”

Title track “Lucky Guy” embodies rock band music that speaks of Kim Hyun Joong’s style, a genre that he loves. “In fact, I am very worried that the public could not accept such a song, and we had also invited a band and guitarist for live accompaniment. Although it is band music, I hope that we could present a song that we can dance to even without the presence of a band. The most exciting is club music, but since it no longer exists, I feel that band music would add more flavor.”

The title track “Lucky Guy” is Kim Hyun Joong’s favorite, recording for the song has also been very interesting. “In a part of the song, there is a howl, I have wanted to put a female’s voice initially, but it’s really hard to find that kind of sexy voice, so I used a wolf’s howl instead.”

Kim Hyun Joong said, the launch of this album complies with all of his requirements. It is not difficult to tell that he has put in a lot of effort from the pictures of the album cover. “I hope to be recognized in the things I want to do, not because of somebody’s demands.”




The album promotions will only last for three weeks due to various promotional engagements in Asia. Kim Hyun Joong too expressed regret, “three weeks is really short, unfortunately, but there are scheduled activities and to release the new album during this time although somewhat regretful, I will do my best. I hope to meet a lot of fans.”


“Actually I did not anticipate that the response for my comeback being too soon, that’s why sometimes I think I’m being impatient. Although the time was very short but I’d dedicated all efforts in completing the album, wanting to return sooner so that everyone will not forget about me. Next year, I should have something new to bring to you and I hope to have your continued support.”



“Lucky” has officially hit the record stores on October 11 and fans may look forward to the full music video on October 13. Kim Hyun Joong’s comeback stage is set for October 20 through Mnet‘s “M! Countdown“.#

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...